Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kutcher's Camera


While watching the various football games over Thanksgiving break, I couldn’t help but notice Ashton Kutcher’s face gracing my television screen during EVERY commercial break. Kutcher would oh and ah, turn his head, move around, and dance with his little toy: the Nikon camera.

As many people know, Nikon has always been a brand that creates a fierce competition in the camera industry. With many professionals utilizing Nikon products everyday, people began to desire that same great quality in their everyday photographs. Nikon finally gave the public what they wanted and found a way to make the professional quality camera affordable for the amateur photographer, and some would say that Nikon’s new Coolpix camera does just that.

Although I do not own a Nikon Coolpix camera, I have read some positive reviews about it as well as heard positive feedback from some of my friends that own the camera. Like previously stated, Nikon never seems to disappoint, and always brings a great camera to market. The discrepancy, however, lies in Kutcher.

Does Kutcher, busy, super star actor, really have time to be snapping photos with his Nikon? Sure, most people want more photos capturing the greater moments in life, but how many people seriously carry a camera around with them 24/7? And even if they do, which percent of those people takes them time to break out the camera, make everyone freeze, and then pause for a photo?

Don’t get me wrong, I am a big Ashton Kutcher fan and believe that Nikon is a great camera company; however, I’m not so sure Kutcher should be the one to make this kind of judgment. Let’s face it, he spends the majority of his time in front of the camera, not behind it.

By bringing Kutcher into the commercial, I’m sure that the Nikon company has seen an increase in sales. After all, they caught my eye, as well as many others at my Thanksgiving, so what’s to say that they are not influencing the public.

I understand why companies use celebrities to sell their products; however, I think people need to look at quality of the actual product itself rather than the status of the person the company paid to endorse it.

No comments:

Post a Comment