Monday, November 2, 2009

How To Roll Out and Cut Out Sugar Cookies



For my how-to speech, I demonstrated how to roll out and cut out sugar cookies using the acronym C.P.R.: cover, press, remove.

In the beginning of my speech I was sprinting the 100 meter dash with my words; however, I do believe the content was good and appeared to be a captivating introduction for my audience. The order of my speech was very logical to the process of rolling out and cutting out sugar cookies, and as an audience member I would have been able to understand the process better because of its logical order.

By introducing the equipment in the beginning and actually completely the rolling out and cutting out process in class, I think the audience was provided with a very good visual aid that, once again, should have improved the learning process.

Throughout the speech, I kept good eye contact with the audience and tried to speak enthusiastically and use gestures to keep their attention. I also think using a male member of my audience helped to create a more active learning process and helped to grab and wake up some of my audience members who may have been about to drift away. Not only that, but after Ethan had cut out his cookie, the class was laughing, which is always a good sign that things are going well.

Towards the end of my speech I began to drag on a little because I was unsure of how much time I had left to before reaching the five minute mark due to the initial pace of my speech. However, in my ramblings I gave the audience members quite a few ways that this demonstration would be of use to them, and why they should attempt to make some sugar cookies on their own.

Overall, I think my speech went very well and seemed to be fitting and interesting for my audience as well as this assignment. For future speeches I will just have to remember to slow down my speaking so I will not have to impromptu information at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment